Basic question

Subject: Basic question
From: Yasir (yasirh@bigpond.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 01:21:57 MDT

Hi,

I tried to install YDL CS 1.2 a couple of weeks back and found that BootX
didn't work on my iMac DV with MacOS 9.0.3. I was told that I needed yaboot.
So I looked at the yaboot FAQ and found that in order to install yaboot I
need to run linux. But how can I run linux?

I have actually installed linux (by booting the Mac off the CD) but I have
no way of booting into my installation. Is there a way a of booting into my
installation by booting off the CD? If so how? My installation is on
partition hda11. When I got the boot: prompt on booting off the CD, instead
of typing 'install' I typed hda11/boot/ (and other variations) but it kept
saying 'device not found'.

Can someone please give me simple instructions for installing linux in my
system? The yaboot FAQ is either too cryptic or for people who've already
successfuly installed linux on PPCs before and know a lot about this.

Thanks,

Yasir