Re: new ? on installing a new drive question and processor upgrade

Subject: Re: new ? on installing a new drive question and processor upgrade
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 09:29:34 MDT

You will probably also want to set up a swap partition for linux - just
one for all your versions will work. Also, make sure you have less than
16 total partitions - Apple's drive setup puts in a bunch itself (4 or
so) just for the driver & some other stuff.

I have a PowerLogix G3 upgrade in my PowerBase which works in linux just
fine, although you have to turn on the L2 cache by hand. However, the
only G3 for the 6500 is from Sonnet and is an L2 card (it replaces the
L2 cache dimm instead of relacing the original CPU), so you will need to
check around to seeif it will mork.

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

-- Stephen Covey