RE: does any one have a clue about this mime problem

Subject: RE: does any one have a clue about this mime problem
From: Turnquist,Wayne (WayneTurnquist@chi-midwest.org)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 12:07:02 MDT

well, it has been a long time to give this a try because of job duties and
farmin/ranching

for one, i did not have a kde2 directory. i did try to so a search on
startkde and found one file by that name. i vi the file but did not find a
line with kded commented out

one additonal info i found was when i exited out of kde, it took be back to
the prompt and above the prompt i had the following msg

can't read magic file /usr/share/mimelnk/magic : no such file or directory

if no one has the answer, i guess i will have to download the kde installer
and install it from scratch

any clues

thanks