Re: Klunky X

Subject: Re: Klunky X
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 14:40:14 MDT

Jim Cole wrote:

> As for the original post, I would suggest taking some time to study up on
> what is available and the numerous ways things can be configured. Maybe
> even check your hardware setup to verify that you are using resolution,
> color depth, etc. to best advantage. I certainly don't consider my
> desktop to be ugly, but then again, maybe you would =)

As I have done. I have tried all manner of flags to the Mozilla build,
it still looks like a huge step backwards when compared to Netscape
v4.72, and I am still wondering why there has been very little
improvement to the UI in the months I have been watching it.

As to what is available, I am open to suggestions - which was why I
posted the message in the first place. The fonts are a start - is there
a package, a system, something that I should be installing to make font
rendering look decent on my system? My desktop looks wonderful, the
fonts *really* let everything down.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon