RE: RS/6000

Subject: RE: RS/6000
From: Stefan Schneider (stefan.schneider@comsat.com.ve)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 09:09:20 MDT

Just two questions, will that method work for installing YDL 1.2 on a brand
new unformatted HD and will it work for Serial Console only?, I tried
without luck to install last friday with a borrowed Matrox Card and although
the kernel booted, the initrd image started I couldn't install no matter
what I tried because of the symlink bug in the RS/6000 image (Why on earth
isn't this fixed so it looks for YellowDog instead of RedHat???). I tried
everything, setting up an FTP with the whole thing, exporting that via NFS,
putting a web server, etc. and still no install...

Oh well will try this and if it works I'd seriously recommend Terrasoft to
update the RS/6000 install instructions with these :)

Regards

Stefan Schneider