RE: RS/6000

Subject: RE: RS/6000
From: Vanco, Donald (VANCOD@PIOS.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 09:20:03 MDT

Install 1.1, leaving an empty partition you can ignore when you install 1.2
Boot 1.1, and copy the YellowDog dir & subs to the aforementioned partition
Create a symbolic link in said partition from RedHat to YellowDog
Boot w/1.2 install and point it to this partition for the source tree

Someone REALLY needs to make a new install floppy to circumvent this.

> and will it work for Serial Console only?,
Nope - no serial support as of yet (I asked last week)

Try passing "text" when you boot the install floppy or CD - not sure if this
will work or not, tho...... Perhaps something like > > setenv boot-command
"boot linux text"?? I dunno...

Don