RE: RS/6000

Subject: RE: RS/6000
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 10:18:24 MDT

> Install 1.1, leaving an empty partition you can ignore when you install 1.2
> Boot 1.1, and copy the YellowDog dir & subs to the aforementioned partition
> Create a symbolic link in said partition from RedHat to YellowDog
> Boot w/1.2 install and point it to this partition for the source tree
>
> Someone REALLY needs to make a new install floppy to circumvent this.

My original message with the subject "RS/6000" provides instructions for
CS 1.2. There is a new zImage that works with the 1.2 ramdisk. So, this
problem new longer exists.

> > and will it work for Serial Console only?,
> Nope - no serial support as of yet (I asked last week)
>
> Try passing "text" when you boot the install floppy or CD - not sure if this
> will work or not, tho...... Perhaps something like > > setenv boot-command
> "boot linux text"?? I dunno...

Try: boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 console=ttyS0
(to boot the installer, and perhaps go into serial mode)

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/