Re: New ANS kernel and YDL 1.2 installer

Subject: Re: New ANS kernel and YDL 1.2 installer
From: jon simkins (jon@hotship.com)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 15:28:48 MDT

I could have contributed to this RAM discussion earlier. I found that I
couldn't get the YDL 1.1 to work with 256 M of RAM but it worked like a champ
when I cut the RAM down to 32M. I'm comparatively new to the ANS (and PPC for
that matter) and was at the 'just try anything' stage.

I tried the original ydl1.2 installer with absolutely no luck even with
varying RAM amounts. I will cheerfully have another run at it and post results.
FTR I've got an ANS 700/200 with 1M cache and 340M of RAM (only 256M useable I
gather). Appreciate support and knowledge of others on this list very much.

By the way, what happened to the cyberflunk.com mailing list archive? Seemes to
be stuck at December, 1999. Is there another archive out there or is this a
call to action?

--
jon simkins
Sent at at 17:20:51 19-Jun-2000

"riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs."