X on Pismo (newbie)

Subject: X on Pismo (newbie)
From: J. A. Wilcox (wilcox@virginia.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 16:44:25 MDT

Much and many thanks to Tim for his advice on stopping X's autostart (on a
different machine).

Now, I'm having problems getting X running on a Pismo machine. The CS 1.2
install was done according the instructions on the Linux FAQ-O-Matic. At
the very end of the install, the mouse failed to configure and X could not
be run, so I figured I'd work on it later, which is now.

I'm assuming all the necessary files have been installed for X, as there is
a seemingly (to me) full complement of X stuff under /etc/X11 and in other
places. That said.

When I type startx at the command line the server reports

        Fatal server error:
        Cannot open mouse (No such file or directory)

despite that /etc/sysconfig/mouse exists.

Any help on this? Or even directions to a place that can help me with X on
a Pismo? Any Pismo owners who are succesfully running X have any tips.

Thanks (again) in advance.

Johnnie Wilcox
wilcox@virginia.edu