Re: Battery level indicator

Subject: Re: Battery level indicator
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 06:04:03 MDT

Ken Scott wrote:

> There is a Gnome panel battery monitor. I haven't run it yet (just got my G3
> 500 pbook, and haven't tried YDL yet), but it should be OK. I think it's
> called gnome-battery, or something similar. I found it on the Applet menu
> from the foot.

None of these apps work, because they require APM support in the kernel,
and to my knowledge APM does not recognise the Powerbook battery.

Thus my problem.

I have installed pmud though - which will put the machine to sleep if
the battery level gets too low. This is infinitely preferable to the
previous behavior which was an ungraceful powerfail...

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street