RE: Help Installing YD 1.2 on RS/6000

Subject: RE: Help Installing YD 1.2 on RS/6000
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 09:06:24 MDT

Stefan,

You probably need to apply the patch:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.2/2.2.14/rs6000-4.gz
in order to build a working kernel for RS/6000s with 1 GB or more of Ram.

> BTW, I tested the new Image and installed fine (No serial console support
> but that will be solved with a kernel compilation today), I'll try to
> install on another B50 with the image I compile, any suggestions on traps or
> pitfalls for making a zimage with the kernel tree that YDL installs? Do I
> need a different kernel version?

Please let me know how the serial console version works.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/