Re: Linux on H70 ?

Subject: Re: Linux on H70 ?
tom_gall@vnet.ibm.com
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 05:19:56 MDT

Thomas Poole wrote:

> I've got a dual H50 (two in fact) I'd be willing to work with you on. I've tried
> several kernels at this point with no luck.

Hi Tom,

I just checked: http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/hardware/enterprise/h50.html

By the looks of it, it's a 604e CHRP machine so in theory the current level of
support either from Yellow Dog 1.2 with this kernel
http://www.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/
 or SuSE 6.4 might yeild results.

If you try either distro, please post a boot log.

Thanks!

Tom

--
Tom Gall - PowerPC Linux Team    "Where's the ka-boom? There was
Linux Technology Center           supposed to be an earth