Re: any successful Pismo installs?

Subject: Re: any successful Pismo installs?
From: Charles Stevenson (csteven@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 13:36:39 MDT

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Wondering how many folks have successfully gotten a Pismo PB to run. I was
> reading through the report at http://modctek.com/linux_report.htm and noticed
> that mouse support still wasn't working. Anyone else have news of this?

I installed on one just fine with Ben's kernel. kbdconfig and mouseconfig rely
on /proc/bus/usb? (proc usb) for auto probing which was not compiled into his
kernel. To configure the mouse with mouseconfig pass it '--noprobe' as
arguments.

Ben's page is:

http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/

> matt

You'll need to install yaboot and use it to boot the cdrom since the kernel on
the cdrom won't fly on the Pismo.

regards,
charles

--