Unable to retrieve email from YD 1.2 Using Eudora

Subject: Unable to retrieve email from YD 1.2 Using Eudora
From: Bill Colston (wcolston@sd23.bc.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 23:28:33 MDT

I installed Yellowdog linux 1.2 and most everything seems to work
great except that I can not connect to the server to retrieve email.

Once again it was a very easy install. My continued and undying
thanks to Dan and everyone for making it so easy.

I am using Eudora 4.3.1. When I try to connect to retrieve email I
get the following error message:

Server not responding
706
Lost connection to the server
(37:1171)

I can send email among different accounts on the server if I telnet
in and use pine.
I can receive email from others but have to telnet in and use pine to read it.
I can send email out to people who have accounts on other servers.
I checked /var/log/maillog but it doesn't seem to even register an
attempt to download email when I try to connect with Eudora.

I added the IP number ranges to etc/mail/access to allow relaying.

I've done everything I did when I was using YD 1.1 but still no luck.
I need to be able to use Eudora as that is what the people who will
have accounts on the server will be using. I don't want them using
telnet and pine.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Bill Colston
wcolston@sd23.bc.ca
Canada