Silly Yellow Dog Inside Question

Subject: Silly Yellow Dog Inside Question
From: Erich R. Carter (innkeepny@taconic.net)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 00:24:40 MDT

Quick question <and I must admit a somewhat embarrassing one>...I just
purchased the HDD/YDL combo, but I noticed when I popped open my B&W G3 case
the ribbon cable running from the Master drive has no Secondary Master
connector. Looking at the mainboard, I have what looks like a secondary IDE
cable that runs to the CD-ROM/Zip Drive with two connectors, and the main
HDD cable is has only one connector to the IDE Drive which has MacOS on it.

Can I use a 40 pin PC ribbon cable (for an Intel machine) which does have
the secondary connector in place of what's attached? i.e. setting up a Pri
Master Pri Slave / Sec master Sec slave relationship for the YDL Hard Drive
& MacOS Hard Drive / CDROM & Zip Drive?

I apologize if this has been asked before, I checked over the last two
months of this list and I didn't see anything.

Best To All,
Erich R. Carter
innkeepny@taconic.net