Installation - Error: Mount failed:Invalid Arguments

Subject: Installation - Error: Mount failed:Invalid Arguments
From: Sean O'Hara (sohara@sohara.com)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 13:09:05 MDT

Hi,

I am trying to instally YDL 1.2 for the first time, and I have run into a
problem.

My setup is as follows. I am installing on a Beige G3 266 minitower. I have
an 18.2 gig scsi drive for my mac system. I am using the 6 gig ata that came
with the machine for both the linux system and a 1.5 gig hfs partition so I
can share file between the mac and linux systems.

I was able to start the installation process of the CD and I was able to run
pdisk, which I used to confirgure the drive as follows:

2 gig root partition
128 meg swap
2.3 gig /home partition

After I choose packages the installation startes to format the linux file
system. After a while I get the following error:
Mount Failed: Invalid Argument

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Sean