G4 as a server

Subject: G4 as a server
From: Helena van den Akker (helena@mget.nl)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 13:13:47 MDT

Hello,

I have quite some experience with linux on intel, but have only recently
started using linux on a mac (it works perfectly on my iBook, though I
was surprised that intel and ppc linux were so different (X config,
bootloader)). For one of my customers I want to install yellowdoglinux
on a G4. It has to do some standard things, webserver (php/mysql),
fileserver, printserver, etc. Nothing really special, about 10
workstations.

My question is if I can expect any problems with the G4, if people on
this list have any experiences with running YDL Champion Server 1.2. on
a G4 in a business environment, I would like to hear their experiences.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best regards,
Helena van den Akker