Re: Installation - Error: Mount failed:Invalid Arguments

Subject: Re: Installation - Error: Mount failed:Invalid Arguments
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 23:20:07 MDT

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Sean O'Hara wrote:
>After I choose packages the installation startes to format the linux file
>system. After a while I get the following error:
>Mount Failed: Invalid Argument
>
>Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any ideas? I'm stumped.

 Yes, the problem is that the HD needs to have a power cycle for it to
recover from having the partition map re-written. Simply reboot after
partitioning and continue the process (without re-partitioning of
course) and you should be ok.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Programmer / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada