Re: G4 as a server

Subject: Re: G4 as a server
From: Paulo Almas (palmas@faroldigital.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 06:15:28 MDT

Hi there ,

    I use two G4 here using YDL 1.1 it works fine, but I had some problems
to make it work , but then itīs ok ... I have apache running mod_php3,
mod_ssl and shtml , an sendmail server, pop server , ftp server , WAP server
and even an mysql server, Iīve tried an Oracle version but there isnīt one,
all alike a RedHat server, the only drawback Iīve found is that any software
you want, you will need the source for compile into your machine ...
    To make it boot, I use BootX version 1.2b3 that can be found at Benīs
Page http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/ and the trouble part is the kernel ,
the ONLY one that work was Benīs 2.2.15pre3 anyone else didnīt worked ...
any other doubts , if you do not care about my pour english , please ask ...

Paulo Almas
FarolDigital New-Business
http://www.faroldigital.com/
palmas@faroldigital.com
Tel.:(62) 286 5120 - Cel.:(62) 9986 1833
Goiania - Goias - Brazil