Precompiled Kernels

Subject: Precompiled Kernels
From: Fred (flacrosse@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 12:24:50 MDT

I have an iMac DVSE and have linux yellowdog installed and running. However,
on the left side of my screen the edge hangs off by a few spaces and on my
right side of the screen there is a large white space that covers up about
an inch of screen space whenever I use X. So, I figured I should install a
newer kernel but this is where I get lost.

What is the newest kernel? 2.2.15p19?
Should I use the precompiled kernel and if so how do I install it

Any advice with installing a new kernel would help me out greatly.
Thanks