Re: modprobe appletalk?

Subject: Re: modprobe appletalk?
From: cdowns (cdowns@skillsoft.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 15:27:15 MDT

Tams Darrin wrote:

> Thanks Chris for the reply:
>
> Yes I do have the services and a line in the atalkd.conf that I have added
> which didn't help (eth0 -phase 2 -net 0-65534.....the rest usually gets
> configured) so I uncommented the line to eliminate a variable to solving the
> issue, (PB works with out this line).
>
> I have also entered configurations into the AppleVolumes.default. All of
> these items I have configured fine in the past on other systems. This is the
> 1st iBook I've dealt with ydl on.
>
> Anybody any other ideas. Like I said other aspects of the NIC work fine,
> telnet, pinging, appletalkIP (not ddp), samba, ftp all work fine.
>
> > --
> >

> > Allegro Arranged by:
> > ____|\_#_________|\_____
> > |____|/___________|_\____|| Darrin Tams
> > |___/|___2___|____|_\|__.|| Computer Support Technician
> > |__|_/_\_4___|___@.__|__.|| St. Vrain Valley School District
> > |___\|_/_____|______@____|| tams_darrin@stvrain.k12.co.us
> > / @

Did you try just using eth0 in the atlakd.conf instead of ( eth0 -phase 2 -net
0-65534 ) ive noticed that that range does cause problems so i just snipped it
of at eth0.
because that is saying that eth0 is available on the entire port range. which
indeed only needs port 548 fot tcp/udp for afovertcp transfer.

well good luck again.

i find if i need to setup appletalk on linux that slackware 4.0 is great and
basically just works ! i know this is not the situation but figured i would
share it.

later, chris