Re: modprobe appletalk?

Subject: Re: modprobe appletalk?
From: dsbelile (dsbelile@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 18:53:30 MDT

Tams Darrin wrote:

> Thans again Chris I now tried and still not going
>
> > --
> >

> > Allegro Arranged by:
> > ____|\_#_________|\_____
> > |____|/___________|_\____|| Darrin Tams
> > |___/|___2___|____|_\|__.|| Computer Support Technician
> > |__|_/_\_4___|___@.__|__.|| St. Vrain Valley School District
> > |___\|_/_____|______@____|| tams_darrin@stvrain.k12.co.us
> > / @
> >

> Did you try just using eth0 in the atlakd.conf instead of ( eth0 -phase 2
> -net
> 0-65534 ) ive noticed that that range does cause problems so i just snipped
> it
> of at eth0.
> because that is saying that eth0 is available on the entire port range.
> which
> indeed only needs port 548 fot tcp/udp for afovertcp transfer.
>
> well good luck again.
>
> i find if i need to setup appletalk on linux that slackware 4.0 is great and
> basically just works ! i know this is not the situation but figured i would
> share it.
>
> later, chris

have an idea, when your appletalk daemon comes up does it say : backgrounded?
because if you do: (netstat -a | more ) you will see only
afovertcp *.* LISTEN , if this is true atleast would explain why you can
only use tcp to get to the other machine. im playing with atalk tonight anyway
so if i see anything else ill let you know.

take care, chris