YDL install on PowerMac 5400

Subject: YDL install on PowerMac 5400
From: Joel Lenorovitz (jlenorovitz@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 09:06:07 MDT

Hi there,

I'm new to the list, trying to install Yellow Dog Linux on my PowerMac 5400/120, and
am having quite a bit of trouble. I've tried a few different things, but it hangs
up at various stages in the boot process (seems to have something to do with
searching for the hard-drive/other devices). I've looked all over for solutions
that will work for this specific install, but haven't been able to find any that
have worked. The 5400 is in the "supported hardware" list for Yellow Dog, so I
imagine somebody must have successfully installed it. If you can give me any advice
on what to do or where to look for more info, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks,

Joel