Re: boot issue on G3 BW

Subject: Re: boot issue on G3 BW
From: john w (yellowdog@shortclip.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 20:34:36 MDT

The CD drive came in the machine, it was the only device on the ATA,
I added the ATA drive in the zip bay, I didn't check the CD to see
what it was. I did try the ATA drive as mater first, it didn't
mount. WHen it is slave and I boot off the scsi drive it will
mount. Apple System Profiler and Drive Set-up both look like they
are telling me the set-up is OK. They list ATA drive as ID 1 and CD
as ID 0. I ran the YD install on the ATA drive after setting up OS
8.6 partition on it, and I also did it as an entire "unallocated"
drive and set up the partitions with the installer.

Linux did boot at one popint but I got some error, and it didn't boot
into any interface, only command line, and something about using
fdisk to fix something. I am assuming that there is some problem,
since I can't get the drive to boot a MAC OS. Maybe it is true that
the scsi owns the machine as far as booting.

Will I have problems if I set up a kinux partition on the Ultra scsi drive?

ANyone have any info on the new tenon itools for linux? Is it a waste?