Kernel Panic After Repartition

Subject: Kernel Panic After Repartition
From: Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 09:54:25 MDT

Folks,

Who didn't see this coming? :)

I used Hard Disk Toolkit to break my 3GB Mac partition (I also have a 1GB
YDL partition) into 2 1.5GB partitions, keeping one HFS and intending to
make the other 1.5GB part of the YDL side of things. The problem is that I
spilled half a glass of water on my iMac keyboard in the process, which
resulted in the accidental confirmation of updating the drivers on my hard
drive.

(BTW, spilling water in an iMac keyboard looks really cool. I looked under
it, and there was water sloshing around that I could see through the
transparent keyboard shell. Way cool.)

So, of course, I get a kernel panic when trying to boot. (But, on the
upside, everything went *fine* on the MacOS side of things.) And when I
boot to the Mac, it boots off of the main Mac partition, and even mounts the
other one. But it also asks me if I want to initialize my Linux partitions.
This is a bad thing.

So here's the question: how do I update my drivers on my 2 YDL partitions in
order to render them useful again? I've got HDT, as I've said, and I'll buy
Silverlining, if I have to. I'm loathe to wipe my YDL partitions and start
over.

Thanks, folks.

Best,
Waldo