Re: PowerBook install help?

Subject: Re: PowerBook install help?
From: Conrad M. Hirano (conrad_hirano@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 13:26:36 MDT

on 6/30/00 9:56 AM, Joshua Capy at jcapy2@yahoo.com wrote:

> Conrad,
> Thanks for the response I have followed your
> directions and I am stalled at item 10.
> I restarted into firmware and issued the commands you
> listed and this is the out put
>
> 0> setenv boot-deviece hd:10,bootinfo ok
> 0> setenv boot-command boot ok
> 0> boot hd:10,yaboot can't OPEN: hd10,yaboot ok
>
> can anyone shed any light on this?
> Joshua

"hd:10,yaboot" specifies a file called "yaboot" on the tenth partition of
the IDE drive. If you followed the procedure listed on the FAQ-o-matic
exactly, then that file should be there. If you didn't, then it's possible
that the partition number is different, e.g. hd:10 should be hd:11, or as
Ken wrote, the file name might be different, e.g. "yaboot.txbi" instead of
"yaboot."

The other possibility may be that your copy of yaboot is corrupted, but I
doubt that as it sounds like you were able to use it to run the installer.

Conrad