Lost Interrupt and Intallation Hang on YDL/CS1.2 on new PowerBook 400

Subject: Lost Interrupt and Intallation Hang on YDL/CS1.2 on new PowerBook 400
From: Glen (glen@ldscn.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 16:37:12 MDT

Hi.

The subject says it all, but I have the YDL Champion Server 1.2 Install CD,
and I'm trying to install it on a new (year 2000) Powerbook 400MHz. I've
got an ATA Hard Drive (6 GB), 192 MB of RAM, and the thing runs MacOS 9.0.4
flawlessly.

I have followed the instructions in the manual, partitioned a 500 MB MacOS
partition and reloaded MacOS on it, installed BootX 1.2.1 (I've also tried
booting off the CD directly using the yaboot method), and even tried getting
the pre19 kernel someone suggested earlier.

No luck.

In all cases, the thing starts to boot fine, but when it gets to the bottom
of the boot screen, it starts to print:

hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hda0 hda1: lost interrupt
hda2 hda3: lost interrupt

and so on.

After a few delays, we finally get to the "Welcome to Champion Server 1.2"
screen, but the system is frozen at that point. Nothing works - they keyboard
and mouse are unresponsive, and I have tried:
        - Command+Power (to send an interrupt)
        - Plugging in an external USB keyboard (both ports)
        - Large packages of explosives

with no avail.

Can anyone help, or provide insight? Thanks in advance!

Glen