Re: home directory full now

Subject: Re: home directory full now
From: Ben Trumbull (trumbull@mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 13:14:46 MDT

>I woke up this morning and my home directory was completely full it is on an
>800 MB partition and it had 650 MB free last night. The hard drive was
>churning away and I couldn't do anything because the partition was full. Any
>ideas what file might have taken up all the space?

Pull out the ethernet cable. Examine your system logs. See if
anyone thoughtfully left stuff in any ftp accessible directories, etc.

If you got hacked, seriously consider formatting all the drives and
reinstalling from CD.

If not, think about what you've been doing lately. Did someone email
you an image file of a CD ? etc.

-Ben