Re: Make the boot disk visible under MacOS 9.

Subject: Re: Make the boot disk visible under MacOS 9.
From: Andrea Riciputi (ariciputi@pito.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 13:19:28 MDT

>The bootstrap partition is of type "Apple_Bootstrap". This is not viewable
>from MacOS. What reason do you need to access this small partition from
>MacOS?

It' a long story: I've a 64kbp connection at home (via an ISDN external
TA) and I can't use it under Linux. So I use MacOS (with that connection)
for long download, I put the dowloaded file in hfs partion and then I
reboot Linux.

To make this trick works I need a large enough simple hfs partiton. I
thought that v2 would use a simple hfs partition like in v1.2 for booting
and I made it as large as 700MB to exchange file between MacOS and Linux.

Now I'll have to re-partition and re-install Linux. Does anyone know a
simple way to get the unused disk space again available under MacOS 9
(obviously without reformatting all the disk)??

Thanks in advance,
Andrea.

Riciputi Andrea

mailto:ariciputi@iol.it
"On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh.
 And you'll see why 1984 won't be like '1984' "