Re: home directory full now

Subject: Re: home directory full now
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 13:43:27 MDT

This sounds like some run-away process to me:
Some process starts up, gets an error, terminates (and core dumps maybe) and
restarts. Check:
/etc/inittab - to see what you are starting up
/var/log/* - to see which of the log files is getting very very very big
/etc/rc.d/<directories> - to see what gets started at system startup.

also, do a ps -ef|more to see which process is running.
then do it again to see which process is not running any more and which new
process[es] is[are] running now.

Contact me if you have problems.
Best regards,
Chris