Just got YDL 2.0

Subject: Just got YDL 2.0
From: David Steinbrunner (carbon@bright.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 16:04:54 MDT

Hello all,

Just got in the list and I'm looking for advice. I need OS X, OS 9.1 and
YDL all on my 12 GB Powerbook drive. I read something on the subject and
here it is:

Mark: How about dual booting OS X and YDL without having to install OS 9,
is this possible? Does the installer require pre OS X?
Dan: Yes, YDL needs to be installed before OS X on a drive. Mainly
because our installer does not yet understand some of the strange partitions
Mac OS X makes. We use ybin, which supports dual/triple boots into Mac OS
9/X.

So how should I proceed.. I have had LinuxPPC installed at one time in the
past so I have experience with installing Linux but I hear BootX does not
work with 9.1 and I have not dealt with the OS X problem..

My first though was to install Mac OS 9.1 on one partition and then install
YDL on a second on and them have the swap on a third and then after all that
install OS X on the 9.1 partition. Will that work or will it just cause
problems?

If anyone has some pointers for me that would be great!

Thanks,
David Steinbrunner