Re: X, Titanium Powerbook and YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: X, Titanium Powerbook and YDL 2.0
From: Gavin Hemphill (hemphill@drea.dnd.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 22:54:05 MDT

I just installed YDL2.0 on my Ti Powerbook - and X is working - filling
the whole screen. I did delete the linuxppc partitions and recreated
them (the only way I could force the installer to format them since the
first install had trouble with the existing files on the root partition)
I chose the "expert" (don't remember the exact name and I'm on the MacOS
side right now) install and installed everything - I also selected
Xautoconfig in the section on configuring services (again I don't
remember the exact name - the install went too smoothly :-)). At the
moment its running 8 bit but I'm going to look into that shortly. I do
have one problem however - I selected dchp in the network setup and it
doesn't appear to work (although the Linuxppc Q4 install had it working
fine). I've checked the /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 files and they look fine but I
only get partial info returned from the dhcp server, and the interface
never comes up. I'm going to look into using dhcpcd instead of pump but
if anyone has any suggestions I'm listening.

I must say I'm impressed with terrasoft's shipping I ordered YDL2.0 on
Wednesday and it was here early Friday (even though I'm in Canada).

G++