HELP! can't login after ydl 2.0 install

Subject: HELP! can't login after ydl 2.0 install
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 23:46:21 MDT

I've tried twice -- complete installs from scratch. After completing a
"custom"
install, I enter the user name (of the account I created during the
install), and
the prompt returns immediately declaring that the login is incorrect.
This
happens before I have an opportunity to even enter a password. What's
more, I can't even gain access as root!

I left the Security panel's selections at their default settings. In
fact, most
of the install was default -- I only excercised the partitioning scheme
(10MB
for BootStrap, 128MB swap, 2048MB root, and 4096MB usr).

This sucks! Sure takes the gleam off of the clever GUI installer.

Any suggestions before I try a non-custom install?

Thanks
Scott