ydl 2.0 install trouble for 8500

Subject: ydl 2.0 install trouble for 8500
From: Frank Budesa (magus@yourlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 03:22:56 MDT

I've been trying to install ydl 2.0 on an 8500/120 and have ran into some
trouble. The machine has 32MB of ram and 3 1GB hard drives,
macos(600)/beos(400) on 0, /home(860),/(100),and swap(64) on 1, and /usr on
2. I use the text installer with the custom option, and repartition and
format / and /usr so they are empty, but a few minutes after starting the
package install it says I don't have enough space (I've tried both
Home/Office and base setup). I have also tried installing on just my third
hard drive (normally just /usr), and this works, but takes about 12 hours to
complete! The installation program seems to procede MUCH slower after the
package installation. I'm not sure about my multiple drive problem, but is
this the kind of performance I should expect with this computer? This seems
a little drastic compared to cs 1.2 . Any help would be appreciated.

-- Frank Budesa magus@yourlink.net