Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
From: Balatro 28 (balatro28@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 06:30:46 MDT

I'd agree with this.  I'm an NT admin for a living (Please, no flames or rotten vegatables) and I'd ask you what kind of crack you're smoking if you asked me to do an NT to 2000 migration just by shoving in a CD and expecting it to happen.  For optimal performance and POSITIVELY to save me admin troubles in the future, I'd take the time to write up a project plan to back up the box, reinstall and migrate the data and users back onto the box.  It takes more time up front, but I've seen plenty of things blow up as a result of some glitch in a major revision upgrade...Call me weird.