Accessing Files from an Unbootable Machine

Subject: Accessing Files from an Unbootable Machine
From: Richard Petty (repetty@austin.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 06:52:11 MDT

I've had Yellow Dog running on a Lombard PowerBook for most of a year.
Recently -- and without explanation -- the machine has become unbootable.

The computer has developed various hardware problems over time and needs
to be sent in for service anyway.

I've got another machine freshly setup and ready to go, but I need to
get the old files off my PowerBook and copied onto its replacement. The
problem is that Yellow Dog won't boot.

When I stick the installer CD into the drive, it wants to re-install.

Can someone recommend a procedure for getting to my files?

TIA,

Richard

Austin, Texas