Re: Accessing Files from an Unbootable Machine

Subject: Re: Accessing Files from an Unbootable Machine
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 07:01:01 MDT

stick the installer CD in there and boot of it but tell it to:
install rootdev=/dev/hdaxx
where xx is the number of your Linux partition (10 on my Pismo).

This should boot the kernel of the CD but then switch to use your hard drive
Linux partition to run from. There would be no install.

Good luck,
Chris