Installing YDL 2.0 Problems

Subject: Installing YDL 2.0 Problems
From: Timothy Morgenthaler (tamorgen@aol.net)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 10:33:14 MDT

Hi,
This morning I just got my CD's of YDL 2.0 via FedEx, and I started the
installation process. First of all, as a warning to any one else out
there who has an old world machine, and is converting from 1.2.1 to 2.0,
delete the old files from your system folder. I ran the graphical
install from the MacOS per the instructions, but it left my old vmlinux
kernel in the system folder & could not boot.
Anyway, moving on, I've been encounting problems when I get to the mount
part of the installation process. I've set up the partitions the way YD
instructed, and I've reformatted the drives to get rid of the any old
files. This is what I'm getting once I get to the mounting stage:

Bug Report Traceback:

Error: Error: Error opening /dev/sdb: No such device or address

  File "/usr/lib/yi/mount.py", line 258 in configure
    Dev = parted.device_get("/dev/" + drivename)

  File "/usr/lib/yi/template.py", line 56, in__call__
    Return self.configure(args)