Re: Save me from Micro$oft!!

Subject: Re: Save me from Micro$oft!!
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 10:52:48 MDT

Jordan Bill-G13271 wrote:

> Need some help,
> I am trying to set up a dial in server for a small community in Northern
> Arizona. This is a labor of love, no charges.
> I have YDL Champion Server running on a StarMax, and have most every thing
> working that I need, Apache,Samba, Netatalk, sendmail. What I don't know how
> to do is to get Dial in PPP working. I have a USR external V everything
> modem on it, and need to get it to answer calls. It does work because I
> tried it with Apple Remote Access, and it answers and logs in, but ARS
> doesn't seem to stable. I found some old documentation on Dial in for old
> X86 Redhat, but the files it mentions aren't in YDL, or at least in
> differn't places.

Just install mgetty+sendfax following the supplied instructions. We had
a dialin server that worked like a charm.

You may find it takes longer to set up, but once it works it will stay
working, which is not something that can be said of your backup plan.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street