Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
From: Balatro 28 (balatro28@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 11:45:56 MDT

What do you define as a bug?  I agree the lack of an upgrade path or a small <<NOTE>> that the scripts have to be written and tested should be added and Dan seems to agree.  However, I wouldn't call the lack of included update scripts as a reason to compare them to Microsoft.  Microsoft includes an upgrade path...Mind you, it rarely works flawlessly and, even when it does, it usally causes the box to blow up in fun ways later.

All in all, yeesh...TerraSoft spent a good year developing and working on YDL.  If the only complaint is that the upgrade from the previous release is forthcoming, I'd say it's a rather successful release.  It went on my Ti flawlessly and, for that, I'm thankful ;)