Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 12:58:07 MDT

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>> This (release when you know there are still quite major bugs) almost
>>looks like a microsoftic approach to me.
>
>This is just so unfair. I don't know how to respond to this without
>being too upset.

 I wouldn't if I were you. Frankly, anyone who complains that they can't
simply run an update program for a major upgrade on a *live* server
shouldn't be running the live server in the first place. I don't install
any software on my production servers unless I've had a chance to at least
run it on a test machine.

 When I do upgrade to YDL 2.0 (just arrived this morning), it will be a
fresh install, but only after I have played with it for at least a week or
two.

IMHO, I think Terra Soft has done a excellent job in this really tiny
market and should be commended for such a fantastic distro. Thanks for all
the hard work!

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada