Re: YDL 2 and Apple Studio Display 17" CRT

Subject: Re: YDL 2 and Apple Studio Display 17" CRT
Bob_Fermin@averydennison.com
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 07:55:33 MDT

I too am having problems getting a good XF86Config-4 to work for the Apple
Studio Display 17" CRT.
I do believe the Terra Soft guys are working on it.

Bob

"Patrick Callahan" <pac1@tiac.net> on 06/04/2001 04:51:02 PM

Please respond to yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com

To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
cc:

Subject: Re: YDL 2 and monitors: was - Re: Titanum Confirguration for YDL
      2.0

I used the Xautoconfig4 entry for Apple Studio Display 17 and could only
get
1600 x 1200 working. I think the problem may be that there are two
different
Apple Studio Display 17 models, a crt and an lcd. I have the CRT, the
XF86Config put out by Xautoconfig4 doesn't work. I had to hack an old
XF86Config file to get it to work at all in 1068x764 , but at the moment,
kmail's display and the Konqueror's default screen are all but unreadable.