Video & Monitor Settings on YDL 2.0

Subject: Video & Monitor Settings on YDL 2.0
From: Timothy Morgenthaler (tamorgen@aol.net)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 08:00:40 MDT

I'm trying to set up a Power Macintosh 8600/300 with Yellow Dog Linux
2.0. I had it set up with 1.2, and for the most part, it worked fairly
well, although I was never able to get sound to work, and I was only
ever able to get the poor 15 bit 1152x864 video settings. Now I have
YDL 2.0. You would think that it would be easier, right? Wrong.
Although it does have my monitor in Xconfigurator now, something is
seriously wrong with the refresh rate or something. Every video mode
that comes up, the screen flickers. I can't figure this out. I'm using
the same settings I was with 1.2, but video is hosed. I can't even get
800x600 to come up properly. Any ideas out there? I know it is using
the correct refresh rate.I'm wondering if it's video settings are
incorrect.