Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????

Subject: Re: Will we be able to update to YDL 2 ????
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 08:19:23 MDT

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Helena van den Akker wrote:
>> IMHO, I think Terra Soft has done a excellent job in this really tiny
>> market and should be commended for such a fantastic distro. Thanks for
>> all the hard work!
>
>Well, call me cynical, but how do you know that it is fantastic if you
>haven't even installed it yet?

 YellowDog is the distribution, 2.0 is the version number. I have been
using YellowDog for about a year now (versions 1.2 and 1.2.1). Previous
distros that I have used were Intel based (RedHat, Mandrake, etc.) and
I've been really happy with YDL. In fact, I managed to convince a fairly
conservative, ultra pro-sun computing department here at McGill that we
could get more bang for buck with a bunch of G4s running YDL instead of 1
E450 running Solaris. So, when we upgraded our central web server we
bought G4s instead of an E450 and we haven't regretted it yet (knock on
wood.. :-).

http://www.mcgill.ca/secretaboutbox/

 In about a month, I suspect the above machine will be upgraded to a Dual
450 running YDL 2.0.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada