Re: Titanium Powerbook and ybin/yaboot

Subject: Re: Titanium Powerbook and ybin/yaboot
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 07:17:53 MDT

on 6/4/01 9:28 PM, Robert Vogt IV at robert@arborhost.com wrote:

>> Q1: Does anyone else get these zebra stripes?
>> Q2: Any way to get rid of them?
>> Q3: Why are they there?
>
> Same here ;) I think its a matter of the bootscript performing
> its activities... How they're related I don't know, but it certainly
> doesn't show up if I go directly to yaboot or the MacOS from OF.

I get the exact same thing. My guess is that it has something to do with the
following lines in the bootscript file:

<OS-BADGE-ICONS>
1010
000000000000F8FEACF6000000000000
.
.
.
000000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF000000
</OS-BADGE-ICONS>

My guess is that these simulate the Happy mac icon picture during the boot
process. For some reason on the TiBook, the picture is inverted. Perhaps if
we changed the 1010 to 0101 :-)

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com