Re: Using Airport issues

Subject: Re: Using Airport issues
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 13:40:35 MDT

William,

I have no experience with the airport card as such, but I can tell you what
you can do to have this come up at startup.

you have /etc/rc.d/init.d which has all the scripts, regardless of order of
execution.
then you have /etc/rc.d/rcX.d directories where the X is a number between 0
and 6 which denotes the run level (aka init level). for a normal system,
these are either 3 (character mode) or 5 (X11 mode).

Lets look at rc3.d for now. You have a file called S10network which is in
fact a symbolic link to init.d/network. The scripts in this directory are
run in their alphabetical order at system startup for run level 3. Id you
create a file called my-airport in init.d, you can make a symbolic link like
this:
ln -s ../init.d/my-airport S10myairport
and since m comes before n, your script will execute bewfor the network is
started.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Chris