Re: 2.0 trip report : Powerbook G3

Subject: Re: 2.0 trip report : Powerbook G3
From: Soren N. Madsen (snm@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 13:26:44 MDT

I installed YDL-2.0 with few problems on my '98 Wallstreet (292MHz).

1. As Christopher, I got the vertical fragmentation when using the graphical
installer, so I used the text installer.

2. I used the custom mode installation (I don't like the fact that the
default installation does not show your mount points).

3. I also installed the development package. It gave me a bunch of warnings
(something with libtoolize, autoheader, and ?) but Dan Burcaw told me not to
worry about them. Note, I had no problem with Xfree-stuff. Christopher,
are you sure the partition you are installing to is big enough? Other than
that it sounds like a cd-problem.

4. All the rest including Xfree setup worked like a charm.

My PROBLEM with the Wallstret install is that CD-playback does not work.
Sound works, I can hear the KDE serenade and MP3 files will play. Also,
both the Gnome and KDE CD-players will recognize the cd (and the number of
tracks etc.) and it will playback, but no sound nonetheless from neither the
built-in speakers or from the headset jack. I did try adjusting the audio
mixer but no cigar. Does anyone have working cd playback on a Wallstreet
then please post details....

Cheers,
Soren