Re: Cheap ATA Cards?

Subject: Re: Cheap ATA Cards?
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 16:22:54 MDT

Hi Bryn,

I took a chance on installing an ATA controller in my system to run a 30Gb
drive and it works. My system boots from a SCSI drive.

I bought an interface card that is designed for MacOS and noted the driver
chip number. I then rebuilt the kernel with support for that chip compiled
in and rebooted. That was all there was to it.

I suspect that YMMV - no Mac supplier will state that their controller
definitively works with Linux.

  Iain