Installation problems

Subject: Installation problems
From: Bob Magee (bobmagee@vaxxine.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 18:57:57 MDT

    I am trying to install Linux on a Power Tower Pro with 128 MB and an
18 GB drive used only for Linux. MacOS is on a separate drive. During
installation, (after selecting the Home/Office package) a fatal error
occurred generating the following report:

Bug Report Traceback

Indexerror: End of block not found

File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdbfile.py" line 262 in enterblock raise
Indexerror 'End of block not found

File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdbfile.py" line 899 in ReadRemoteList
db.enterblock()

File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py" line 188 in read_packages
ptree.ReadRemoteList()

File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py" line 119 in configure ptree =
self.read.packages()

File "/usr/lib/yi/template.py" line 56 in_call_ return
self.configure(args)

This error occurred after I chose "Home/Office" in the Package Selection

and the installer proceeded to load those files.

It seems that the installer incorrectly formats the boot partition as it
appears to choose hfs as the formatting type for the boot partition
during partition definition but after partitioning it's type appears
blank. Also the time taken to format the boot and root partitions is
virtually zero.

Having read other letters to this list, it appears that Jose Luis
Paredes and I are suffering the same problems on very different
machines. Could it be a CD problem?

Bob Magee