Re: Powerbook G3 Install Problems (renamed)

Subject: Re: Powerbook G3 Install Problems (renamed)
From: Soren N. Madsen (snm@mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 14:02:16 MDT

on 01/6/5 19:59, Black at cpa@ece.cmu.edu wrote:
> * Finally, a new error started cropping up. The last three times
> that I tried the install, I got all sorts of error messages when the
> installer tried to install libtools. Instead of being on the debug screen,
> it just spewed out all over the actual install screen.
> First line of error:
> /usr/bin/libtoolize : ls: command not found
> It then goes on to tell me that it can't find rm or mv either...
>
> Then, a number of files can't be found, like ./ltconfig, ./ltmain.sh and a
> couple of config files.

This is the error that I mentioned in my previous post. Again, according to
Dan Burcaw: Don't worry about it! [Dan, how about addressing this on your
web page before too many get confused?]

> I am really puzzled here. I hate to ask, but is it possible that I too
> have gotten a bum CD? Or is there something I'm just missing here?

I'm afraid I cannot help more since I didn't have the kind of problems you
are having. I think it is reasonable to suspect the CD after all you have
tried.

Good luck,
Soren